Aftercare plays such an important part in the results of your treatment, it also assists in preventing any irritation or issues following your treatment. We have provided the following aftercare instructions, any questions please ask you therapist. Any concerns or issues please refer to your healthcare professional.
Post Holistic Treatment
Everyone is different and unique. Generally, people fall into two categories (of varying degrees):
- Feel good reactions: They feel energized, vibrant, lighter, calm and clear.
- Detoxification reactions: Headache, tired, emotional and sometimes flu like symptoms. For these people, things are obviously moving for them.
Both of these reactions are normal, and just mean things are moving in the right direction.
It is always advisable to be aware that if things are moving in the body then there may be a reaction of some degree afterwards, both reactions above are normal, and just mean things are moving. The best thing to do is to take it easy after a session and drink lots of water to help flush the toxin build up.
POST PEEL CARE
Did you know that as much as 70% of in-clinic treatment results are maintained at home, the aftercare is just as important as the treatment itself?
- Your recovery time and depth of peeling will depend on your skin condition and the chosen peel. Your skin may become very red and/or peel significantly. Don’t be alarmed, follow your home care instruction to a tee.
- Avoid direct sun for 5-10 days. O Cosmedics Mineral Pro SPF 30+ is mandatory and must be re-applied ever 2 hours.
- Avoid Waxing/hair removal on treatment area for 14 days.
- Avoid further peels, IPL, Laser and Cosmeceutical Facial Treatments that are not prescribed by your clinic for 14 days.
- For the next 24 hours avoid exercise, heated yoga, saunas, spas and generally getting over heated.
- Do not pick, scratch or peel the skin. FINGERS OFF.
- No exfoliating products, AHA’s, Vitamin A products, Retin A scrubs or enzymes for 3-5 days post treatment.
- Do not use harsh or scratching wash cloths after the peel. Simply cleanse skin by applying O Cosmedics Gentle Antioxidant Cleanser to clean hands and remove gently with the Skin Shammy.
- Use the recommended post care products daily to support skin recovery and long term skin health.
- If today’s peel is a leave-on, do not rinse off or apply water for 5 hours after the treatment application.
For best maintenance results rebook your next O Cosmedics PDP in-clinic treatment every 2-4 weeks.
A course of 6-10 treatments once a week will help you achieve your skin goals faster.
POST YUMI LASH LIFT CARE
FOR THE FIRST 24 HOURS:
- Do not wet or rub your eyelashes
- Do not apply cream around the eye
- Do not apply mascara
- Do not take a sauna or Vaposone facial
- Do not swim
- Use Lash Serum Daily
- Comb your eyelashes
For best results clients are advised to return at least every two or three months after the first treatment.
AFTERCARE INSTRUCTION FOR CND SHELLAC NAILS
You can expect CND Shellac Nails to last flawlessly for at least 14 days as long as you give them a little care and attention. Shellac Nails perform extremely well with normal wear and tear.
- Add a little protection to your nails by wearing gloves when undertaking tough jobs like household cleaning and gardening. Also, hobbies that are hard on your hands or if you are going to be using harsh chemical products. Doing these things without protection can spoil your Shellac service. If you do happen to cause some damage to the Shellac coating and see any lifting or peeling DO NOT pick or pull at the lifted area. This will cause the lifting to increase and could damage your natural nail. Just pop back into Hush so that we can check the nail and see what repairs are needed. Please note there will be a small charge for the repairs.
- If you are going on holiday please check carefully the sun tan oils or insect repellents solutions you are using. Some of these products contain DEET which s one thing that will cause a lot of damage to the Shellac colour coat.
- Do try and use Solar Oil at least twice a day, especially at night before going to bed. We highly recommend CND Shellac Solar Oil which is available from Hush. Regular use of CND aftercare products will help to prolong the life of your Shellac Nails and keep your natural nails and the skin surrounding them healthy, moisturised and flexible.
- If you wish to temporarily change the colour of your nails whilst wearing Shellac you use nail enamel over the Shellac. Please Note it is very important to use an Acetone Free remover when removing the nail polish.
Depending on your life-style and activities, your CND Shellac Nails should only need fortnightly maintenance. At this time, we will either re-Shellac your nails, remove the existing Shellac and apply a fresh new colour or remove the Shellac completely, this will take approximately 10 minutes. If you are having your Shellac removed it is always best to have this done professionally by one of our trained therapists, this will avoid damage to the nail.
WAXING BEFORE & AFTER CARE
To minimize irritation and discomfort adhere to the following:
- Moisturise your skin daily after waxing treatments, is possible with a Tea Tree or Lavender and Witch-Hazel cream, as the follicles are open and prone to infection.
- Avoid sun/solarium exposure for 48 hours before and after being waxed.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, spas and other heated sources for at least 48 hours
- No hot baths, hot showers directly after a wax
- Avoid swimming in chlorinated pools or the beach for 24 hours after waxing treatment
- Avoid heavy exercise for at least 24 hours after waxing
- Avoid the use of exfoliating products for at least 72 hours after waxing as they might irritate your skin
- Loofah 2-3 times a week in the shower
- Avoid applying deodorant for the first 24 hours after waxing treatment
- Avoid applying make-up directly after facial wax
- Avoid tight clothing after waxing, especially in the waxed areas. Tight clothing may result in irritation and ingrown hairs
- Don’t shave between waxing. This distorts the hair growth circle
- Don’t pick at ingrown hairs. It may cause scarring, infection and look unappealing. Come in and one of our trained staff will remove them professionally and hygienically
- Apply cold compress or anti-histamine cream to reduce redness, hiving or irritation
- It is recommended your waxing treatments are scheduled between 4-6 weeks. However, this varies for everyone. We can discuss the duration required between your waxing treatments to maintain silky smooth skin